Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Review: The Skin Food Black Sugar Mask

I bought this out of impulse actually, we were just walking by The Skin Food but my feet suddenly took charge and walk straight into The Skin Food store.

Haha, don't blame my feet, they're innocent, I went in to survey their masks, they're written and recommended all over blogosphere, I must go and take a look at what's so special about them.

The Beauty Assistant introduced 3 types of masks to me:
  1. Black Sesame Hot Mask
  2. Black Sugar Mask
  3. Rice Mask

I have heard aplenty of raves about these 3 products. Actually, they aren't mask but scrubs (wash off type). In Korea, masks and scrubs are also called mask, weird. She recommended me to use Black Sugar Mask. I guess Black Sugar Mask is in between Black Sesame Hot Mask which is for harsher skin and is strongest while Rice Mask is the mildest.

Description:

Black Sugar Mask with rich minerals and vitamin to provide luster and smoothness of skin.

Usage:

After cleansing, gently massage over wet face. Avoid eye area. Rinse off after that.

Ingredients:

Sucrose, Peg7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Lanolin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes, Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Laurate, Butylparaben, BHT, Caramel, Parfum

I love this scrub a lot! It has done some awesome job to my skin. The first time I used this scrub, I've got compliments from my friends about how my face looks more radiant these days and asked if I have used some new skincare products. Well, I just told them I just started using this scrub lately. Amazing rite? People can see the difference so soon.

The purpose of this scrub is actually to exfoliate/remove dead skin cells off your skin to make them look more radiant. The texture is pretty rough because it contains sugar grains but they will melt as you massage them onto your face. Be gentle when massaging as the grains are pretty coarse and might hurt your skin if you over-scrub.


It leaves my skin feels soft and smooth after rinse off. I'm liking this feeling and seldom I felt this way about any masks or scrubs before. To tell you the truth, this is my first Skin Food product and it already left a good impression to me. I'm definitely gonna purchase more of their goodies. I even influenced/inspired Piggy to buy this mask, hopefully she loves it too :D

The BA gave me two samples :) Lettuce & Cucumber Water Drop Essense and Tomato Whitening Emulsion

It looks black and gooey but not disgusting...

The texture is pretty rough and has a strong smell too



I also did a mini tutorial on the usage of this scrub and what difference does it make after application :)

Firstly, apply an adequate amount of scrub on your skin.

Next, gently massage them onto your skin until they are evenly separated.

You can feel the sugar grains melt as you scrub them.
Rinse off after this, and voila, a smooth and brigthened skin :)

8 comments:

Yumeko said...

thanks for that review!
i bought this and the rice one in seoul and havent begun using them yet

beeyoutiful7 said...

hey babe,

I'm alwaysss super interested in skincare stuff ! thanks a lot for doing a review on this!

the only thing is that there's no Skin Food stuff in the states.
...rite? I havent seen it anywhere..

liannee said...

You can try the rice mask too. I like it very much!

dodo said...

It seems to work well, but the color and texture looks a big gross...hehe

fuzkittie said...

Looks like it works really well!

Kimberly said...

awww thanks for such a great review! I love SKIN FOOD -- I have this one in a sample packet -- right now I'm using the SKIN FOOD banana yogurt mask.. which makes me wanna eat it... HA HA HA

mayaari said...

nice review - I got this and the Black Sesame Hot Mask...the sesame one was ok, but the black sugar mask looks more promising!

Anonymous said...

hey hun,
you should try out the rice mask its much gentler on the skin ^^

<3 looking forward for more reviews.