Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gossip Girl Inspired Preppy Girl Contest

Finally, after preparing much with my dear friend and blogger, Piggy, we came up with a gossip girl inspired look. This look was prompted by Mona from Make Me Blushhh whom held this contest. So, thanks Mona for giving us this opportunity to have fun while creating the Gossip Girl look.

I myself is a very huge fan of Gossip Girl, I never missed a single episode of it, pretty scandalous life for those Upper Eastside teenagers I would say. Nevertheless, their fashion statements is something I cannot catch up with nor ever be able to own what they own. Having said I watch every single episodes, I seldom notice their makeups but rather the fashion style they portrays except for Little Jenny's skunk eye makeup during her rebellious moments (quoted by big bro Dan in cynicism hoho...)

Thus, the makeup that I create today is inspired by Blair Waldorf, my favourite Gossip Girl character :)


Bow to the Queen B when you see one

Her makeup is usually on the neutral side with brownish and burgundy shades, dark brown lined eyes, strong curved brows showing her Queen B confidence with bright pink blush on apple of cheeks and subtle pink lips.


Blair’s look is classic, conservative and makes use of shadow, therefore her choice of makeup is usually on the matte side.





Recreating Blair's makeup...





In natural light...








Close up of the eye makeup


Most of the time, her hair is permed up into classic waves, very polished and clean and not forgetting her signature headband (must have! for the preppy style).









When it comes to the outfit, she's always into skirts and dresses, worn with tights in the winter and bare legs in the warmer months. I chose wearing a white shirt tied with a ribbon, checkered skirt and boots.
How do I look huh? Do I have the Queen B's preppy chic style? Classic enough?








I can also recreate this look to suit Serena's sexy bad school girl preppy style by adding a loose tie instead of a ribbon...







Hope you LOVE it Mona!


~XOXO~

10 comments:

fuzkittie said...

You did an awesome job!! Love the wavy hair, so pretty~ :D

Marietta said...

Good job with that!You look really cute!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

lovely makeup, your shirt is really cute too!

Nu Nu Dollie said...

awww! you are such an adorable prep!

Yumeko said...

wow ur hair is so pretty and long!
thanks for the visit and comment too!!

i think u did a great job with the look!

Siew Goh said...

you are sooo gorgeous!!!!! finally i see something with bright colors on your face.. it is different from your usual approach.. love it.. :) :) :)

Mona said...

my lovely gossip girlllll :P you're such a great prep :)

Unknown said...

I love your looks. it's fun to play around with all the makeup we have to recreate the look we seldom do. next time we join other contest again ya XD haha..

queenyee said...

Thanks girls for all the encouraging comments, appreciate them a lot :)

Piggy, I will surely ask you to join contests together in the near future. I really had fun playing makeup with you that day. Next time, we ask more girls to join us ok :)

dodo said...

When I saw the results of the gossip girl contest, I didn't have a second opinion that you are No.1 in terms of clothing, hair, makeup, you dressed up so nicely, 85% identical to the characters.